These are pictures of the exhibition floor Sunday, July 9, 2006, at the Summer Show of the Midwest Antique Fruit Jar and Bottle Club at the Horizon Convention Center in Muncie, Indiana. Pictures and report will be published in the July issue of Glass Chatter by the Midwest Antique Fruit Jar and Bottle Club.
A customer checks out the color of a jar.
Shoppers discuss an unusual bottle.
Refernce books are a popular sale item.
A collector uses a magnifying glass to examine a rare zinc cap.
Tom Caniff discusses an amber Perfect Seal jar made in Wellsburg, WV in 1938.
Three commemorative Ball jars in amber, teal, and Ball blue, and an early Ball carton were among the items offered for sale in the auction.
Club members examine an unusual half-gallon jar.
2. Joe Coulson and Jean Harbron collaborated on a display titled Ball Bicentennial 30 Years After.
3. Jean Harbron and Joe Coulson also put together these Bicentennial Bells and Bottles.
4. Rev. Patrick R. C. Wilhelm (known to most as "Father Pat") won the "Most Educational Award" with Ball Perfection Jars.
5. Mike Mosier showed Fruit Jar Go-Withs.
6. Norman Barnett won both the "Dealer's Choice Award" and the "Peoples Choice Award" with his display of Original Closures.
7. Junne Barnett showed a display of Canning Posters.
8. Colleen Dixon had an unusual display of Pluto Water Bottles and Go Withs from the French Lick, Indiana area.
9. Jelly Jammers Club showed Cartoons in Glass featuring cartoon characters pyroglazed onto glass jelly jars.
We hope you enjoy the pictures.
Jean and Tom Harbron